Monday, October 4, 2010

You were sleeping...No, I wasn't

I walked by Alex's room, saw his light on, and stopped to shut it off. Continuing onto my original destination, one last trip to the bathroom before bed, I turned on the hall light. I had one foot hovering over the top step when I heard him whining, so, of course, I went right back to his room. He was sitting up, looking kind of peeved and confused.

"What the matter?" I asked him. He just sat there frowning at me. I sat down on his bed next to him, and asked again. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"I didn't see that coming," he said, his frown turning to surprise.

"You didn't see what coming?" At this point I'm fighting the giggles.

"The...the...thing," he said waving his arms around.

"What thing?"

"The thing, the pipe. I was swinging it around and it came right back and hit me in the eye."

"You were dreaming. It's okay, go back to sleep." I straightened his pillow and pulled his comforter back onto the bed.

"No, I wasn't."

"Look at your hands. Do you see anything?" He looks at his hands, then around on the bed, and gives a little laugh.

"I love you, Mommy," he smiles. I get a hug and a kiss before he curls back up on his pillow, falling asleep almost instantly.

I love those moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment